To import an Excel file into Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Sales, you can use the Import Data wizard. This wizard is a built-in tool that allows you to import data from various sources, including Excel files, into Dynamics 365 for Sales. Here are the steps to import an Excel file into Dynamics 365 for Sales:
- In Dynamics 365 for Sales, navigate to the entity that you want to import data into, such as Accounts or Contacts.
- On the main page for the entity, click the ellipsis button (…) in the upper-right corner, and then select Import Data.
- In the Import Data wizard, select the Excel file that you want to import, and then click Next.
- In the next step, you will be prompted to map the columns in the Excel file to the fields in Dynamics 365 for Sales. You can use the default mapping, or you can map the columns manually.
- Once you have mapped the columns, click Next to preview the data that will be imported.
- If the data looks correct, click Import to start the import process.
- When the import is complete, you can view the imported data in Dynamics 365 for Sales.
Keep in mind that the steps to import an Excel file into Dynamics 365 for Sales may vary depending on your version of the software and the specific entity that you are importing data into. If you encounter any issues, you can refer to the documentation or contact Microsoft support for assistance.